Monday, March 14, 2011

Lenten Readings (March 13, 2011, Evening)

I read the evening Psalm on my way to bed and had to post something this morning. 

Psalm 103  is one of Thanksgiving for all that God has given, for His Goodness in the middle of it all, and is one of my favorites of all of David's Psalms. 

Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His Holy Name!
Bless the LORD, O my sould, and DO NOT FORGET all his benefits.
He forgives all your iniquity, heals all your diseases, and redeems your life FROM THE PIT.
He crowns you with steadfast love and mercy.
He gives the good so that it satisfies as long as you live!!!

This is how it starts, and just keeps building with all the good that God gives, regardless of the fact that our response to Him sometimes is distrust, or misunderstandings, or downright rebellion. God loves us.  He does.  As we walk through hard things, as I do anyway, I want to choose to Bless the LORD regardless.  I forget to do that alot. 

This Psalm is also, in parallel to my life passage in Lamentations 3, a huge reminder that God's love is steadfast.  It is everlasting.  It goes on forever. 

And the promise made that I really, really needed to hear was that, for those who fear Him, for those who stand in awe of His Holiness and Love, through them righteousness will be passed down from generation to generation. 

Bless the LORD O my soul!

No comments: